cPanel Web Hosting
Category: Web Hosting Categories
What is cPanel Web Hosting?
cPanel is a Linux-based control panel for web sites. It is a software program that makes running a web site easier by automating many of the aspects of managing a web page. With cPanel web hosting, you can set up and manage your web site without needed an extensive knowledge of HTML or other computer languages because cPanel has already provided most of the coding and tools for you.
Some of the tasks that cPanel makes easier:
- Getting started with cPanel through a set-up wizard and online tutorials
- Uploading new web pages and content
- Editing web pages
- File transfers
- Backing up your data
- Creating and managing email accounts, including blocking spam
- Protecting your web pages from misuse
- Learning about web traffic and web page errors on your web site
- Adding web apps like blogs or eCommerce functions
How can I get cPanel?
If you want to use cPanel to manage your web site you should look for a web host that offers cPanel. cPanel is sold as a tool for professional web hosting companies, and generally not to individuals hosting their own web sites, so unless you are planning on hosting a large number of web sites and don't mind paying several hundred dollars per year for cPanel, you should find a professional web hosting service that offers cPanel. Educational and non-profit organizations can contact cPanel about getting reduced-cost licenses for their web hosting.
Many web hosts offer cPanel because if its convenient features for web host clients. cPanel web hosting plans are generally inexpensive, ranging between $5 and $10 per month. If you shop around you might be able to find a special deal to get cPanel web hosting for cheaper, but be sure the web hosting provider meets your other needs.
Some inexpensive cPanel web hosts include:
- BlueHost. BlueHost's plans start at $6.95 per month, with discounts to as low as $4.95 per month. And in addition to cPanel, they offer 24/7 customer support, a domain name, a free shopping cart, and SSL.
- HostMonster. HostMonster also offers plans from $7.95 per month, with sign-up specials sometimes providing a further discount on the monthly cost to as low as $4.50 per month. They have cPanel web hosting, free domain names, software to conduct polls and surveys, eCommerce features, and free search engine submission.
- Just Host. Like the two previous web hosts, Just Host's plans start at $6.95 per month, though their sign-up special promotions run as low as $4.45 per month. They have cPanel, free domain names and Site Builder tools, live customer support, and a focus on good uptime.
Many cPanel web hosts offer similar prices and features, so when you are choosing a cPanel web host, consider the features you need and shop around for a good deal from a reliable cPanel web hosting service.
Related Article: Budget Web Hosting >>